IMDEA aims to be the new institutional framework that, in the Community of Madrid, combines public and private support for science and orients research towards market demands, encouraging the private sector to participate in the design of science. Its main objective is to give greater international visibility to the science and research carried out in Madrid, promoting R&D&I activities and their transfer to society. The foundation works in eight scientific areas:
- Social Sciences
The IMDEA Energy Institute is working in the following areas:
- Solar energy systems and technologies, with special focus on concentrating solar power.
- Fuel production: hydrogen, biofuels and waste derived fuels.
- Energy storage coupled to renewable energy.
- Intelligent management of electricity demand.
- Development of energy use systems with improved efficiency: fuel cells and polygeneration.