Do you know about the Spanish Hydrogen Association?
The main objective of the Spanish Hydrogen Association (AeH2) is to promote the development of hydrogen technologies as an energy vector and promote their use in industrial and commercial applications. Society at large is intended to be the main beneficiary of the association’s achievements, and not the members themselves. This refers to both environmental benefits as well as the long-term boost to industry that is expected.
The areas that the Association intends to cover, without excluding others as technology advances in the future, are:
- Centralised hydrogen production and distribution from fossil fuels
- Production of hydrogen using other energy sources (renewable and nuclear)
- Storage, transport and distribution of hydrogen
- Use of hydrogen in combustion processes
- Use of hydrogen in technological processes for generating electricity
- Use of hydrogen in fuel cells
- Use of fuel cells in centralized and distributed electricity generation
- Use of fuel cells in applications for transport, portable and auxiliary power systems.
- Use of hydrogen in industrial processes and installations
- Regulation and safety